Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thinking, Time Past, Time Ahead

 Another year gone!  And as I age they go faster and faster and faster!  Mom always said they would, but till I hit my 60's I had no idea. Last year was a year of surgeries for us both and tooo many hospital days, and owies, and that cabin fever thing, having to stay close to home and rehabs and etc.
    But On The Other Hand..... we have begun a New Year.
New beginnings, New starts, New goals, out with the old and in with the new... and God is a God of restoration and new beginnings also. How wonderful for all of us.
    Have you wondered? What will the new year bring? Will it be good, sad, happy, lonely, disappointing, disturbing, joyous, something to celebrate?? I don't wonder so much anymore, I'm sort of in a "One Day at A Time" mode, and try to make the very best of it.. Yesterday's gone, Tomorrow's not come yet, and it might never be mine, as someone said on Face book recently, this very moment might be all there is.
    But if truth be known, I think I have always sort of lived my life like that. I just knew what I had to do today, and vaguely looked forward/planned for some things. A few weeks, or months planned for, But I never lived way out yonder... 2 yrs..5 yrs..10 yrs.. down the road.  I think that is more a man thing. Right?
   Today is the day, God lives in the "today's."  Today is the day of salvation, Now is the time, and on...
    Soooo Today, I got some work done, (Christmas decorations put away and my trusty sidekick was there to help, don't know what I would do without him) I hopefully encouraged someone, sent some e-mails, visited by Instant Messenger, talked with the Lord about me and a few others, sent out prayer requests and info, enjoyed my clean living room, and my poinsettia still so vibrant in color. Love the openness of my picture window again... with nothing in front of it. I watched my birds coming and going to feed, they are so pretty. Hope it wasn't any of my Red-winged Blackbirds that died down south.
Ohh and I ohhh sooo enjoyed my pork chop supper.. do love chops!
    I even took time to put my feet up for a bit earlier in the day in a little "break time.."  I mean, I gotta take little breaks anymore, or I fizzle out. ha-ha
   Just in one day, sooo much to be thankful for! So much to enjoy if we only look around, and count our blessings. I dare say some would say life is not perfect, BUT just what is perfect, and by who's definition?  Yes! God has been sooo good to us, and blessed us, and He's also seen us through some tough times. To be able to lean on Him is the one constant that is secure. And I "won't have to cross Jordon alone.."
   Lord willing, there will be another day, and I look forward to it if God so grants. To see, hear, or smell, or taste, or feel the goodness of God, and wonder what road will He take me down this day... as we "Pedal" together.
          HaPpY NeW YeAr  to everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment