"The Roads Less Traveled" this quarters Bible study..
We seem to travel other roads than the ones the Lord would have us take.
We tend not to travel the Road of Community, tho the Lord would have us to, it is foundational to the church, we need to be involved, the Lord created the church community and with a purpose. Do you know that? I sure learned more about what it is..
We seem to have a problem traveling the Road of Humility. I need to admit I don't know everything, swallow my pride, put myself in another's shoes and quit promoting myself. I should make an effort to do the right thing with integrity. We've identified humility, now to the practice of it, by following Christ's example and what He says.
The next road some of us seldom take is the Road of Service. Don't feel paralyzed by need, just start serving somewhere. Jesus served, we will serve. We redefined greatness.. We will seek opportunities to serve people's needs & seize the opportunities. Treat each person as valuable, even if no one else does. Serve everyday people, with divine service as unto the Lord. But do I still 'want to be served'? I need to keep my focus on Jesus and to Value What He Values.
I've found thru my life that the thing I've desired usually comes to me when I give it to someone else. God's way is surely opposite of this old world!
The Road of Sacrifice... denying myself. Whew... this is another road less traveled. Give up things I want? Be less selfish, Get out of the driver's seat and allow the Lord to be the driver, my Leader. Realize my time is not all my own, but that I belong to Jesus and how wonderful is that? AMAZING! How can I demonstrate Sacrifice.. and will I repeat it? I'll choose the ancient but relevant spiritual discipline of sacrifice. When God leads me I will give generously and sacrificially. In sacrificing myself joyfully I know that in losing myself, I WILL find myself.
The Road of Meditation. Ahh do I delight in God's Word, take time to be read it, and be with the Lord? AND then, do what I've read? Treasuring God's Word in our hearts and not following the advice of the wicked will hold us in good stead, each day. The Practice of Christian meditation is a gift, not a burden, & comes from God. AND the busier my life gets, the more I need to focus on God and His Word. Learn something new each day through the Bible, and then practice it...
The Roads of Community, Humility, Service, Sacrifice, and Meditation should be "Our LIFESTYLE," Who we are as Christians...every day, in every way.
MY! this has been a great refresher course for me, with more insight and help in each area. Come February we will be learning or being reminded again, that
"GOD LOVES OUTRAGEOUSLY"
Even when we act unlovely,
He is the One Reliable target for our loyalty,
His Love engenders trust,
He loves to welcome us home!
God Bless and see ya in Bible Study and at Worship...
Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment