Yes, it has been a good day!! To say the least. Had time with the Crochet Ladies and a cousin & her husband came over to visit for the afternoon.
The Crochet Ladies Day.. Tuesday mornings.. I always look forward to getting together with the gals. It is great to congregate, and just let loose!
We are Ladies who love the Lord and each other. No telling what subject we might touch on.. BUT we are trying to be sure to have some devotional time at each gathering.. now we need to get prayer in more regularly.
But isn't it that way with most things? Someone comes up with a great idea and POOF it just takes off?
We do our thing, eat, talk, laugh, discuss, but never really sit down and 'think' about who we are and what we should be about? I have found that to be true of our little group too. I am wondering about HOW we can be more productive also. AND at what... and wondering IF this is a spirit nagging thing with anyone else? hmmm
Today the next door neighbor of our hostess came over and joined us. Another Christian, from another church, and we enjoyed her input and were happy that we could be a bit of "distraction" for this mom for a few hours. My, we all need that at times don't we?
I have been sooo blessed to be a part of this little group and hope I am a blessing to others. Some Tuesdays have been the most needed time of the week! I've just gotta get with the girls! She says "girls" *smiling* - our ages are a great span. AND that is good... we learn from each other, we encourage each other, we lift one another up, and hopefully thru it all we grow closer to the Lord and each other. It feels good to just be accepted. It is great to learn some new pattern to crochet or knit or whatever. They help me to keep from getting to "frumpy" at my age and hopefully I can let them know that "this too will pass." Or "just accept that." lol
We are at different levels in our knowledge of crocheting or knitting and we help each other.
We are at different levels in life... and I think that, there too, we are gaining new knowledge, & helpful hints.
We are at different levels in our walk with the Lord and still growing there, gaining new insights.
OH yes... Tuesday Mornings a great time, for me. If you don't have something similar to do, get a little group started with something... Crafts, Exercise, Bible Study, needlework... Whatever you might feel you need... Start it, there are folks out there I am sure just waiting for someone to toss out the idea... and start.
For us I am thinking we need to do something a little more in depth along with our "fuss and fun," and in line with Scripture. I am sure the Lord will impress us with something one of these days...as I am still asking Him.
AND I just realized that this has been directed to the ladies, but... you fellas can do the same thing too, can't you? ;-)
God Bless, Till next time...
Thanks Mary for your great writing.
ReplyDeleteClaudia, Thanks for kind words... love ya!
ReplyDelete