Saturday, November 20, 2010

Little Things

"Little Things"

   I am "again" impressed with how much "little things" can mean to us...  (there's a song there, isn't there?)
   Anyway this past week has been a week of "little things" and yet they have become BIG things.

   A simple gathering of people and "little things" you would not have expected became Big Things. A day that started bright, expectant to be full of fun and laughter, began with unexpected SURPRISES! and lots of hugs, and then became scary, gloomy.  And sometimes you just can't turn the tide back. The whole day was tense, gloomy! *rolling eyes* But there's tomorrow isn't there?

  Other days, were filled with other "little things." Video IM's with old friends. Have you done that? Makes me feel like I'm right there and we are visiting up a storm and laughing with and at each other. Nothing like long-standing friends! And yet No long drives, No boarding patdowns to get there... just push a button (click that mouse) and you are there. A 'little thing.' But, I love it and enjoy it and it puts a spark in the day.  It is such a "little" thing but how it has brightened the day, when you can't get to where you would like to.

   Cards in snail mail... E-cards... oh gee here comes that thing called birthday again. lol

   Then there is a 'birth-day' noted on the calendar, and if you remember my previous post, for myself, I don't tend to get tooo excited. And as I'm aging please do not talk numbers... they are getting too big. 
   Anyway.. early in the week "little" surprises happened. (Thanks gals)
And later more "little" things began to pop up again. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" Bud says.  Heck I don't have a clue. Haven't thought about it.. then he does some "little" things.
On Thursday, so I can get out of here to my class at church, he clears table and does dishes, altho I told him I'd get'em later or in the morning. :-)
    Friday comes, and begins the long list of 'little' things.  Phone calls, Children stopping in, cards, flowers, TIME and hugs. Time, is a "little thing," but soo meaningful to me. (I like the hugs of a real person too.)
    Everyone's days are busy and sometimes just tooo busy, but when "TIME" is given that is a great gift. I'm a very simple person and "things" do not mean much in the long run, especially at my age. (Unless it might be flowers I can smell now) But ohhh TIME, time is running out. We can't ever get lost time back, so use Time wisely, and enjoy it when you can with those you love. Do it as often as you can, Be it '15 min.' ;-) or a couple of hours, shared in love, quiet appreciation, acceptance, interest etc.etc.etc.. can make a whole week just glitter with joy and love... 
    "Little things become much when we put it in the Master's hands." 
     What "little thing" can I do or give away today. Who? needs a hug? some Time? a smile? appreciation? acceptance? Forgiveness? encouragement?   
    Give those... and store up treasure's in heaven... we've got too much "stuff" here anyway and those "little things" become mighty in someones life and heart... 
Have a great day, week, month, year, life in the Lord!
AND Thanks a million for the joy and sparkle you've put in my week... and erasing the funk & gloomies. :-)
        Till next time...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment