Yesterday was a wonderful day in church..
Then for the afternoon Bud and I went out.. it was sooo pretty out and he needed to take a battery back to Costco. (his trade in) Any way..
We walked the store too, nibbling and getting a few items. I needed to restock my canned goods for the Thanksgiving, Christmas, then Easter baskets that will be filled at church. There is always someone, it seems, that needs a little boost and love. Plus they had some of my gluten free goodies and a rice concoction I love to make.
Well, on the way home, enjoying my ride in the sun and in the country, a truck veers from the inner lane toward ours!! Golly you can touch it! I thought what's happening now?? They veer out and then back and Bud moves over... WELL! when we get up to where we can see in, this woman is holding her phone against the steering wheel and TEXTING!!! IF ever I was against such stuff with cellphones I am even more against it. WHAT could be sooo important that it can't wait till later?
It goes to show you that we are a selfish people. It is sooo me, myself, and I and what I want to do anymore. They're not even caring that they might mess up someone else's property, and that they have so diligently cared for it to be able to keep it for awhile. I guess those people don't care about themselves or their own vehicles either! OR what if it had been on the highway, speed can help to injure or kill someone. Oh, it won't happen to me, yeah right! I'm good at it, I can concentrate.. I'm good at multi-tasking.. Don't be so arrogant!
I pray that my friends and family are not doing that, gambling on not being the one to cause an accident and hurt someone or themselves.
Doesn't it just AMAZE you how many years we got along and survived and did so well without cellphones??
Yes I am on my soap box and I will stay there, till I get as many as I can to realize that, "that phone message or call can wait till I am stopped (and not at a light) or out of the vehicle!"
The whole incident put a real damper on the otherwise beautiful day! :-(
Another question: "What makes the speeds rise on a newly paved road?"
No comments:
Post a Comment