... Glad you stopped by... grab some coffee... pull up your chair... and read on...
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Fall is a coming on...
I love the colors of fall, God has a magnificent paint brush..
Sometimes they last longer than other years, and sometimes Poof! they are gone.
Makes ya wonder why, and NO I do not want an answer from those in the know. Some things are more fun "just a wondering." (something's not!)
Life is sort of like that too is it not?
I wonder "why" do people do the things they do or "why" do they say the things they do without a thought to the consequences.
The ripples in life we cause can be sooo hurtful to others without half trying. Some may be true, some may not, and some may just be they way we perceive things or remember things. However flawed and incomplete that may be.
But I've found this little helpful acrostic: called "THINK" and I remember my dad saying "think before you speak," many long years ago.
T - is it TRUE?
H - is it HELPFUL?
I - is it INSPIRING?
N - is it NECESSARY?
K - is it KIND?
As God colors our scenery each fall, I need to remember that all year long I can color someones life, their feelings about themselves... or I can color another person's opinion of them. I can be a catalyst for good, for bad.. for encouragement or discouragement, I can hurt someones feelings soo easily, knowingly or unknowingly.
Remembering, that I myself am not perfect, and would love to have folks give me the benefit of the doubt and accept me warts and all, hoping that they would try to lift me to higher heights and greater things.
So, likewise I should do for them also.
"Color" someones world today with a paint brush of love, acceptance, encouragement, being kind, giving kind words, and a smile! Find something you can praise them about. Don't gossip to/with others about folks... nor give out unnecessary info to others, is also a kind thing to do!
Which brings me 'round to what the Lord has to say also...
Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Did He say 'think' first?? and about what?) lol
PEOPLE "think" they have come up with such clever things and all along and long ago, GOD said it FIRST... and had men put it down on paper in what I call.. "The Manual for Living" Life at its best, with a promise for the future too.
Have a great day, doing good things, and being kind to ALL who are in your life or come across your path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Red+Fox+Campground+what+a+tree!.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment