Thursday, September 16, 2010

WEATHER

Last Night,  it was a nice cool evening and I heard the tapping of raindrops on my window sometime after I went to bed. Love the soft gentle rains... no wind and ya don't need to shut the windows completely..

As I think this morning of the cool, and changing weather, I know that soon another season will be upon us. Just as we have complained and hollered about the heat, a refreshing cool comes in. Our spirits change, our energy gets a boost.

I am fond of Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer, IN THAT ORDER. lol You can guess my least favorite. :-)

But God chose a different order... and for my gardening friends and lovers of the outdoors I guess that is good. Right?

Bud has planted tomatoes for the last few years. I remember back to when we had a bigger garden on the corner property. It was sooo pretty, and we had GIANT marigolds, big as me, encircling it. "Someone" said, "good to keep the moles out"... Can't remember if it did or not. ha ha    But I did have flowers..
I have several cousins that are gardeners on the big scale and "share." We have some friends from church that do that too.  How good is that? NOTHING like FRESH Veggies out of your own garden!

So in the winter, I'll sort of hibernate, (hear some complaing from others) & dream of Spring, and cousin Rick just said, he'll read the Seed Catalogues and plan.  In the Spring we can't wait to get to planting & for Summer to get here (till it gets too hot lol) to eat our Veggies and enjoy our flowers. Then we look forward to harvesting our crops and the gorgeous Fall Colors and cool breezes, knowing Winter is coming with all of its harshness. And yet we can find fun and excitement there too. I love to see the first snow and think of how white God has washed me thru His love..My black sins, covered by His Red Blood and I am Clean, washed whiter than Snow, how white is that?, and snow sparkles.. hope I sparkle some too. :-)  At night with our outside lights on the snow, it looks like diamonds glistening all over my yard. 
How do folks live where there are not real evidences of ALL the Seasons?  Oh Well.. Hope they can vacation and get a taste of something different.

God has promised in His Word... after the Flood and promising to never do that again, that... "As long as the earth remains, there will be springtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night."  Genesis 8:22 (Living Bible)  His promises never fail...

And as for weather forecasters... I remember my father-in-law watching EVERY weather forecast all thru the day, and Mom would say, "AW just get up in the morning and look out the window!"   Now that's what I do...

Have a great day... and Enjoy the Seasons    Remember the Rainbow of Promise too.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment