I am not sure where to start or how to say things on this subject but I am going to try.. hoping not to offend anyone, but to give you some "food for thought" on a subject no one ever seems to get to.
It happened again this Sunday in church. "Scents" were overpowering. I myself hadn't had that overwhelming feeling for awhile.. (one of my 5 reasons for sitting in the back)
But a dear friend was fanning herself and I thought.. "hey she's hot too, I'm not alone!" Boy wish they would set that thermostat and leave it alone for the "hotties" and the "freezers" could bring a sweater or even a blanket.. LOL Even some guests were uncomfortable.. but I digress.
My friend was a bit 'warm' but the thing that was bothering her most was "Scents" of perfume/cologne's or after shaves. She was having a hard time breathing.
I've had that problem too. And I know a few others with bad asthma that just don't go to many things anymore for fear of being thrown into an attack. (But they won't ask people to tone it down, how sad, they miss a lot.)
Now IFFF you think I am picking on the ladies, forget it cause you fellas are just as bad!!
At times when folks whiz past where I sit the overpowering scent wafts over me something fierce. I can't imagine sitting shoulder to shoulder in another section and being surrounded by "Scents" intermingling.
Do you realize that the longer you use the stuff the more your nose doesn't recognize it, so you must do one of 2 things or maybe both. You spritz more than once now OR you buy stronger stuff that your nose can detect. :-)
But for the rest of us it is very uncomfortable.
I've heard of folks not being in choir anymore because they could not breathe! I asked why they just didn't say something... and their reply was, "I don't want to hurt anyones feelings or offend." Now that is kind, but lets put the shoe on the other foot... Who's being unkind, knowingly or unknowingly??
Back in the day when ya couldn't bathe very often, I could understand a "little" camouflage, but today???
When we know we are going to be in closer quarters than usual, why don't we just abstain for the sake of Asthmatics, COPD people and just "SMELL CLEAN?" LOL Really NO commercial plug! But even SOAP is scented..
Think about it.. My soap is scented, my deodorant is scented, my body talc is scented, my powder is scented, and then I add another scent?? WHEW!!! Trying to find something plain at the store takes me a bit, but I get it done as best I can.
There are day's I opt for just ONE item and other days I opt for Plain old nothing. Thinking about where I am going. (OH my, I hated it in the hospital even more!!) I asked a nurse's aide to abstain, or to get me another aide it was that bad! Think when visiting..
We could even go one step farther in our thinking and consider our health on another level..Same principle, Salting our food, Sugary stuff, oversizing our portions, etc. etc. NOW SHE'S DONE GONE TO MEDDLING... LOL But it is the truth.. after awhile we can't
taste either, so we add more and more...or eat more and more, etc.etc. Blood pressure is affected and bodies ballooning..
So I guess in my mind the word of the day is abstain OR downsize.... For our own good and the good of others...
Have a blessed week and catch ya later... MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment