Thursday, September 9, 2010

Second week of Sept. '10

  Well now, it was a great weekend for Bud's 58th year class reunion. The dinner on Sat. eve. was just the best and I could eat too! Then Sun. eve. they had a picnic (I packed my stuff) at Whiting Park. The Symphony always plays on Labor Day weekend, and fireworks go off towards the end of their concert. Just an all around nice weekend... but...
  Oh my the memories that flooded my mind as we drove into Whiting... been awhile since we had been there, Ah the places mom and dad Gulley lived, Bud's working at (then) Standard Oil, or My that's gone now, or that wasn't there, how things have changed. The apartment we lived in.. The main floor of a house. We had Kathy already, and Mike was born while we lived there, and our wonderful neighbor upstairs was such a great friend. Kathy so wanted to go upstairs to where Millie's girls were, and she showed her how to scoot up and down those big stairs on her bottom. Much safer for one so little. :-) 
   Millie Brownd & her Pastor Traney Yarber led me to the Lord.  I was baptised while expecting Mike. Then we moved ALL the way out to Calumet Township/Griffith.  And from there it is another long story as to how and why I drifted away from the Lord and church. 
   But the Lord is faithful to never let go of you once you are His... oh my! Yes Yes Yes... and can HE get your attention! and I praise Him for that.

   This month also holds memories of Bud's Uncle Louie Stout who's birthday would have been on the 15th and my dad Vernell Wayne Cornwell who's birthday would have been on the 26th.  Good Memories can always over power the not so good when that is what we choose to dwell on.  Great men in their own ways...  Uncle Louie a pastor and all around great fella. My dad a farmer that lost his wife VERY early, Mom was only 31. The farming man of the great "outdoors" was robbed of his great love and brought up here to work and got stuck at Inland Steel "inside" to support my brother Wayne and I. Coming here he had family to help take care of us.  What a change that Had to be for him, tho.
   
    On the brighter side of September... 3 of our Great Granddaughters have birthdays this month... Jennifer's twins Courtney and Sarah will be 12 on the 28th... 12?? yup.. where oh where has the time gone.  We are not as close as we would like, they live in North Judson, still trying to figure out how to see each other more often.  Knox, North Judson and Rochester, IN., the Cornwell old stomping grounds, I was born in Knox, Wayne was born in North Judson. Amazing!! 
And Jessica's Julia will be 3 on the 30th. Another one growing up much to fast... Jennifer and David's anniv. is coming too. WHEW!! ☺

     Bud and I are sure we are just in our 40's at the most... so I don't have a clue how all the kids, grands, and greats are getting so old!!! Anybody feel that way beside us??? lol

     Sept. is a busy month and the little bit of cool weather is a hint of things to come and another season to be upon us... I can hardly wait to see what God has planned to put on his paint brush to this fall. With all the rain and how lush the trees and bushes have been it has got to be another "WOW" year.
(thinking and laughing to myself).. as Bud and I were driving this past week and talking about such things, he said, "And we've got to remember to roll down the windows." *laughing* again. One year he came home on his motorcycle and said I've got to take you to see what I just saw... and when we got there in the truck it was not as great as he had said.. well...  Tinted glass will NOT give you the right colors or light!! ROLL DOWN the windows..

   Doesn't that happen to us in other areas too? The "grass seems greener on the other side."  But when we get there, it's fuzzy, hazy, and the same old same old. Still gotta mow it, still gotta work... and it's not always a whole lot better than what we had, besides "we" are there too.. Each area of life or places we live have it's own special hangups.  Nothing is ever perfect! No one is perfect either. 
   So "roll down the windows" and let the perfect Light of Jesus in and enjoy life to its fullest...   God Bless till next time... 
    

1 comment:

  1. How great to hear a little of your testimony. I love to hear about how everything got to be the way it is!!! I heard that surprisingly we have had a pretty dry summer so there wont be very good colors this year. Although that is sad I still think they will be as vivid as always. I hope!!!

    ReplyDelete