As the week goes I talk often to my friend in Mexico, via Instant Messenger. Bobbie is a retired lady Marine and that is where she settled. Anyway - We got into a discussion on “saving things.” Some of our parents things, some things we have bought, some things were given to us… "Saving" for what??? Do you do that? Is it just a ‘female thing’ or can it be a 'guy thing’ too? "Saving" for a special day, event?
Well the conclusion of our Instant Messenger conversation was - NOT ANYMORE! We are going to start ”Using” the stuff! Bobbie decided that some of her lady friends that come over could use some “special” treatment. And we figure that family and friends need it most in this hustle bustle day! Do we use the linen napkins? After all, when we are no longer here, will anyone ‘value’ our things as we do? Probably not, they won’t know where it came from or the sentimental value to us, and to us alone no doubt. And no doubt a lot will be tossed away, or probably broken, maybe even sold. That’s life isn’t it?
We can’t take ‘things’ with us when we exit this old world. But if you're interested in where "all the stuff" came from.. come on over sometime, I'll give ya a class in some wonderful family history, along with telling about 'stuff '.. lol Maybe you will decide to do the same in your family.
Then some other thoughts came to my mind ~ That “– in as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethern, ye have done it unto me.” And that scripture confirmed the little postum note I have with this on it “Divine Service Performed Here.” And that has made some of the ‘chores’ of the day go much easier. And IF we are King’s Kids why don’t we treat each other as royalty?? So If you come by sometime and I offer you Pop or Juice in a Wine Glass, think nothing of it! I am just ”Using” what was won as a prize one day, (and I just didn't have the heart to toss out such pretty stuff) and hoping you enjoy the beautiful carving on the glass… are we saving the special plates? the fancy doilies, the tablecloth & linen napkins just for a holiday? Using the saved things may be the ‘new’ way you could serve ~ or greet someone? Might they think "you've lost it??" haha who cares, be a little frivolus. I remember a dear friend that had little but made you feel like a princess when you were invited to her home. "Such as I have, give I unto you." WOW
And I have a friend in Florida that does just that, serves you like you are special, even royalty.. :-)
Then my mind jumped back to Jesus…(always does)
Who CAN SAVE to the uttermost!! For all eternity he Saves Us, Saves us from hell, Saves us from ourselves, Saves us from being less than He intended, and He desires to USE us too… He has lots of "Divine Appointments” and “Divine Service” that needs doing, and we who are His & are his chosen instruments must be willing & available for use. AND IF we cannot do great things, (tho I think we can) we can do "small things in a great way!" And "if you want to walk on water… You got to get out of the boat!” :-) Any Christian friends ready for “Water Walking” today? (HE will be there.)
Have a Great Day in The Lord Every Day!
Till Next time...
Wow, what a thought. I have sooo much "stuff" saved up that I hate to use. I see what you mean, we can't take it with us. I am gonna start using stuff and giving it to others that would enjoy it. Plus, I can clear out a lot of clutter at the same time : ) I just said yesterday I am gonna clean everything out like I am moving then I can start using my "saved" stuff. : ) Thanks for the thought!
ReplyDelete