Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good Morning folks...
     So how has your week been?  Mine has been pretty good.

The weather has been just to my liking and we had some company for a change. I do like when folks call or come over... it was my cousin Bev and her husband Bob. We had a great time reminiscing and talking about our "senior" ailments and some of the dumb things we do anymore. We laughed soooo hard at times.. and NO I will not share the dumb things! haha

 Laughter is good for you! "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" says the Bible. Isn't it wonderful to be able to laugh with friends and at yourself too?  Yes it is... I think sometimes we take ourselves tooo seriously.
Anyway after they left I felt so relaxed and calm again.  Hugs are good too!

I belong to a wonderful loving, hugging and serving church. We have one lady there that is lovingly called the "official church hugger." Well by me at least.. haha  She gets as many people as she can all the time.  My I have learned sooo much in my 30 some years there. I  have not "remained" the same young, insecure, scaredy cat.. thank God.  Pastor's and leaders have been instrumental in teaching and training and nurturing. And then there are the folks that have mentored, and loved me warts and all! (and encouraged me to "get rid of those warts!" whatever they were, (of thought, attitude, action, mouth etc.) And I myself have become a hugger. Can you believe that?   OHHH if only I had known/learned some of the ways of God and His kind of living earlier!!  But I shan't cry over spilt milk. "Forgetting what is behind, I press toward the mark......"  Yesterday is gone!  Tomorrow may never come, and Today is all we can be reasonably sure of and maybe not all of it.

So do the best you can, with who you are and what you have, wherever you are... whatever road you might be traveling. 
You might just be that ONE person someone needs today...

Smile Jesus Loves You...  that is the best of all worlds, Hooray!

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day... See you in church? :-)

1 comment:

  1. I finally figured out how to get to your Blog page: ) I am not very sharp! lol I love your scripture from Phillipians. This is my favorite Bible verse. Thank God we do not have to live in the past but we can press on. I didn't know you were born in Knox. Was Bud born in Harrisburg? Me and Curt were both born down there. I was the only kid in the family born there. Cindy, Carol, Charles and Curt were all born in Indiana. Keep up the good work and now I can check out what your writing : ) Cathy

    ReplyDelete