Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Little Children in Big bodies... are you one?

   As a child of my King & Heavenly Father, as I aged I realize I was not as grown up/mature as I thought as a older person & Christian... Thank God!! He set people across my path to teach, disciple, train me in the way I should go.
      The first one was my first Preacher, Rev. Thurmon Harris.. What a fellow... filled with mercy & love for all people. He got to know you!! God given memory to remember where you came from, what you liked and a very regular visitor, not just to a chosen few, but made it to everyone's home, and the more so in crisis. Learning the little lambs & their lives. In finding out a few things about me & life, he got me into reading a bit more. No KJV for Mary, she doesn't like reading, Good News Bible for her! I devoured it! Then I moved on to KJV & Living Bible.. side by side. A real blessing. Then he got a couple of small paperbacks from the church library that were a great help to me. It my issue right on the head tho gently. :-) He was a real praying man! About everything, with anybody.  *Moving up a bit higher I am*
     Then came the time when my in-laws needed more & more care, 'round the clock, learn diabetic diet for one, salt free for the other, listen to their unhappiness about that, give injections, prepare weekly pills, call son Mike, "Help! Gramma's fallen again to bathing both, etc. THIS is not what I had planned for these years, & to be honest Lord I can't - I don't want to! Scripture that He brought to mind and I stood on, "I Can do all things through Christ WHO Strengthens me..."Growing up a bit higher" and not till they passed away did I realize some of the stepping stones! God gave to me, and blessings bestowed.
     I remember a time mysainted Mother-in-law... who treated my like a daughter, loved me unconditionally  and what a teacher, tho I don't think she ever knew it.  She devoured her Bible for hours every day!  Only an 8th grade education but the wisdom of God flowed thru her.
Mom, in discussing a sermon or a Bible verse with us would always say.. "Maybe I can't quote you where something is found but I got the meaning!" And lived her life as such. This was not her home, the house she lived in was God's and she opened it others. Once upon a time before her passing she wanted me to read to her as I did every day, she had gone blind. Well I started on her favorite book & chapter... You know that Bless the Lord Oh my Soul chapter in Psalms. (103) I'm setting close to her cause hearing was gone also, well she hauled off & Bopped Me!!!  Well whats that for?? Mary you were just reading words!! There's not a bit of feeling or meaning in it, do you care to start over?   Yes Mom ... And I never rush reading from that day on. *Moving on Up*
When I asked a question about something on "what should I do?" She would say.." what does THE book say?" "I could tell you wrong." We clever way to get ya to get the best answer and get you into the Bible more.  No Opinions from her.. Some years back when our New Sunday school material came out... My class roared!!! I'd been saying for years, "what does the book say."  At the top page of every new study... "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?" Wow!! *Moving up a bit higher* 
      Then I was asked to take a few po9sitons at Church.. hmmm Church Clerk.. Yup I could do that & the previous person worked with me, training me, and was help for a year... Now ya got it!!! Now then Sunday School Director & Nominating committee said they prayed & my name came up to Lead a class!! oh no you got to be kidding! I never finished high school you got teachers in that class! I argued every argument I could. They encouraged, I asked Mom what do you think? Answer- Do you believe they studied & prayed & discussed things before asking ? Well yes! So trust God's leaders and if it is to be you will be more satisfied than ever!  If you are miserable & constantly struggling then you will know.  Ok Lord, your leaders have chosen me, I trust you and them...  *Moving Up a little bit higher*Have blackboard will travel!!
      God cares about Every part of my life & my daily doings. He cares HOW I treat others in word or deed. He cares that I care about what He cares about! lol God is sooo Good To Us... Saving Us! preserving His written word to grow us up, to show the way, to unify us in His work.. so we can get so close to Jesus we can pray  in all situations with Our Father in Heaven as He did--saying,
"Father If thou be willing remove this cup from me, nevertheless;not my will, but Thine be done."
Closer & Closer to maturity in the Faith..
     Have a blessed day "Little Children" - hope we are up for a growth spurt! Be it rough or easy... "THY WILL be done Lord. 



     
      

No comments:

Post a Comment