Monday, May 28, 2018

Sign Of The Times.... what to do?

   After another school shooting, I have been pondering the why's of things.. Another sad report of the sign of the times..
   I believe all things begin at home. BUT how many do not have homes, let alone loving ones?
   There are couple homes & single homes.
    There are fights, being ignored, unloving attitudes, hurtful words & actions. 

   Children go to school and no one notices anything. At home or school we are not really seen. We "look" BUT "do not See or hear" Neither do we care, Even in good homes it can happen at times.
     WE deceive ourselves in so many ways.
I think of all the many ways we refuse to notice OR look in the mirror and think honesty about ourselves...
   Could I be a part of the problem Or am I trying to be a part of the solution...
    So much anger, hate, it's your fault, it's not my responsibility, I'm entitled, "They" are the problem, is spewed constantly in the news and in our families, in our groups, in our communities...Constant vulgar & degrading language. Putting people down!  It utterly amazes me, and all of a sudden I can find myself falling into that conversation of negativity. DUH! NO ONE absolutely NO ONE is All Bad OR All Good, All right or All wrong, stop pitting people against one another. And there are Many- many against this or that and have not forgiven anyone for years. 
   Sure wasn't prevalent as I grew up. Now everyone has an opinion, idea, an answer... but do we really? I think there are many parts to help & an answer. "Come now let's reason together."
     I do know that common sense seems to have died.. I know that our Love of the One True & Living God and the absolutes of His word are vanishing.
   We are a mess America, not completely undone, but this is the wake up call to all the Christians, & good people that care to Stand Up & be counted where injustice is. To be fearless and share God's Truth. It's time to take stock of our own selves and BE the best we can, Do the best we can, and to be the L.I.G.H.T. to all people.. Loving Intentionally, Going, Helping, Touching all people with the Love of God, For He & His way is truly the solid answer to Our Salvation, Our Joy, Our relationships Our Service and on and on...
I feel for those that have been hurt or killed & their families, in our schools... but I also know that
HURT people Hurt people, in whatever relationships we have. (be it family, school, home, community, Nationally, etc.)
   Notice people, big or small, be alert to their words, actions, or demeanor. "Be ye kind to one another." Be strong in your faith & Trust in the Lord & His Word.

Smiles, being kind, attentive, and really listening, and an "I'm proud of you," can go along way.
    Is this the only & final answer... NOT.. but it can be a start in "Accenting the Positive" and being Kind, Loving & maybe will light a fire of forgiveness & goodness?
   Things I've Learned:
   There but for the Grace of God go all of us.
   The world does not revolve around me. No pity parties.
   God is 'others minded' and I should be too, even if it means l might have to give up something for my 'neighbor,' who is anyone I come in contact with. Be that family, neighbor,  people on the job, at the store, on the road. Am I willing to relinquish some of my time? My desire to be right? My home for His use? etc. ect. Good things take time, patience, & commitment to others, my friend.. Patience, Practice, Prayer. 

   I cannot wear my feelings on my shoulder.
    With God Nothing is impossible, and IF it is not His Will, my efforts were still will  not have been in vain...

    I have "meandered" enough.. Till Next Time~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment