Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween

I have NEVER liked Halloween! I could be a majority of one, nevertheless, dislike it. 
.... Whether it is because someone scared me, or not I don't know. Dislike being scared too, not funny to me.
....But when we had kids, Bud took them around, and I stayed home to dole out candy. Not liking the whole thing.

.... I have always wondered WHY Halloween? Why the Big deal? and what does it instill in our kids?
.... Begging, Greed-gluttony  "what a Haul I got!" do something to another's property, and IF some poorer family doesn't have the finances to give or give big stuff they are disappointed. 
If they give you something or not.. "Trick" anyway again not funny, nor a respecter of other peoples things.
.... What better thing could we do with our finances than spend gobs on costumes, candy, etc.
... our dentists might be in agreement with all the sugar highs, and cavities.. 

.... nope never have liked it. I used to pop popcorn by the biggest bowls I had, candy was to expensive, and so there ya go.. kids liked it, but I'm sure today parents would toss those bags for fear some mean person put something in them. Scary to me how they can mess up candy so easy & you not know it, till to late.. ya never know where, or when that could happen. 
.... and that's my take on Halloween. Me No Likey!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment