And When will we learn & accept the fact that if we are truly kids of the King... that Abba Father will not put up with us straddling the fence? He loves us tooo much for that. *Or maybe we think we are his but are not?*
And if we think we can and get away with whatever, think again.
God is everywhere, ALL the time, sees and knows all. IF he truly lives inside us, what are we saying, doing, going to that might grieve His Spirit? If I'm there/He's there.
We are to be IN the world, but not one of them. Be it in our character, conversation, conduct. We are to BE the called out ones, different, a peculiar people of God.
Why am I here? What is my purpose? What am I about?
Do I desire to gather together WITH the church to Worship, to study? to Be Discipled? To Change? To Help? To Encourage? To Give? To Grow spiritually, To work with and for the betterment of those around me?
I have rattling around in my head, (the Spirit at work?) a song I once heard on TV from a church program. They always started their service with "Evidence" Is there enough Evidence? Could anyone convict me of being "Christian" a Christ Follower, by my Character, Conversations, Conduct? The things I say, do, places I go, what is my motive in anything? Am I the same no matter where I am? Home, Church, Work, community,
As Jesus was, am I "about my Father's business" in all things, at all times, in all places, what is my MAIN Focus in living my daily life? Am I BEING the Church or just Playing church as Pastor said?
The Commander in Chief in this Army of God's has given us our marching orders, look it up, Matthew 28:18-20, break it down in various translations for more clarification. Am I on duty or AWOL a lot of the time?
Yes, He has provided the manual for living life & doing life as a Kings's kid. AND...
In that book called the Bible, God's love letter to each of us, we find out who God is, how he operates, what part he desires in our lives, He has not left us unequipped, and there is more than I can share here. Not enough room or time.
He created us, for fellowship with Him, by being in his word,& prayer,& obeying it, learning of him.. & resembling more & more of our Father as we walk this life. Loving God = Loving People.
He is Holy.. we are to be.. He is pure, we are to be.. He is loving, we are to be loving. What does my love look like? Do I hate sin, yet still love people? See 1 Corinthians each morning & apply... and have I confessed MY sin of Omission OR Commission?
This morning and every morning should be checklist time... Am I read up? Prayed up? do I have my armor on? as I mix & mingle with people of all kinds. What is my goal in each relationship? Each place I go, or things I have chosen to belong to, Is it the Lord's goal? OOPS that might be where the rubber meets the road.
Am I just a FAN of Jesus'.. a true FOLLOWER? (or a fence straddler?) Have I chosen the right one by the evidence of my life, and relationships with others? Is my Lord and Savior smiling on me, saying *well done!* ?
The Meandering of the Mind this morning.. Thank you Lord for checking my spirit and keeping me on the correct path in my Character.. Conversation.. Conduct.
Might all I do - or say be pleasing in your sight, & bring Glory to you & not me.
As I am bombarded by the world each day, I need you to do that.
May your Spirit continue to *nudge* me each day as I purpose to listen, for Your still small voice whispering,
Not now.. Whoa, back off.. Move on.. Hang in there, I'm with you.. share some wisdom here.. I Am pleased.. Go visit.. make a call to.. and all those directions, and corrections, or encouragements you say. :-)
"Speak Lord, your servant is listening."
No comments:
Post a Comment