Today, a rainy, windy, dark day out.. not much help to perk a person up at all!!!
As I think of family & friends that have lost some loved ones this month.. 7 total so far... My heart is heavy for them, yet my mind relishes the memories I have of some. There are tears, and smiles as I think of them.
Some of this group were more Bud's friends.. from motorcycle bunch & school daze!! lol 3 have been family.
And here I go.. wishing I had spent more time with family, more often, yet oh so grateful for the times we had together.
I guess it is not so much the quantity and the "quality" of time. We can be in the same room for hours with someone and never really connect. Or we can connect instantly and chatter on for hours, being truly interested in each other. AND in that time of sharing our memories of "the old days" or just recent happenings.. We can hug and accept one another, encourage one another and just have a downright good few hours together.
Yes I shall treasure the brief moments cause that is what most of our memories are made up of.. snippets here & there, AND I shall try, as always, to make my life a good reflection of our love & care about one another, bringing honor to them & the memory of our relationship.
Am thanking God for those he brought into my life or across my path, either through birth or marriage into family, or by a friendship, or mere brief acquaintance, realizing that there is purpose in every one of them.. for me, for them, or for both. :-) God is good all the time.
Enjoy each other, learn the lessons, and become more & better from each person in your life.
Till next time... Lean on Jesus, Be kind to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment