Saturday, October 3, 2015

Meeting Place..

I titled this *Meeting Place* but as you read you may call it something else. :-) 
  We are encouraged to set aside a time and place to meet with our Lord in Bible reading and prayer. 
  Do you have a place and time? 

I met a lady, a special, kind, lady that shared with me her *sacred place.*  When they were building their new home Tillie had an extra little room built in their basement. This place has a small window where the morning sun comes in. A kneeling rail.. some pictures.. a cross.. an open bible & devotionals in there.. and there is a chair also.
I think there might have been some candles too. I don't remember everything. But it was a place where she & Jesus meet daily and whatever was in there would be special to them I am sure. :-) 

   What a concept!! A definite place and time set aside to meet with the Lord in private or I suppose she might invite others in also.. she seems the kind that would. 
    The War Room movie came to mind, tho I haven't seen it, I can imagine Tillie in prayer battle for her family & friends, neighbors, community etc.. What an inspiration this has been. And.. at her home I felt like one of our class sayings... "Relaxed atmosphere, Serious Bible Study.."
    I felt "Relaxed at her home, but knew she was Serious about God"  the best people to be around. :-) 

    I do not have a set aside place like that, I am sort of here or there, but I am working on finding my niche here, and putting out a door hanger & yet sharing the space with others if they need it also.
    Might just be my back room as I have soooo much back there for reading and study and contemplation..
         DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PLACE SET ASIDE? 

As the times are a going in this old world, we surely need that more & more. 
     ARE YOU PLANNING A NEW HOME?  WILL THERE BE A "SACRED PLACE" THERE FOR YOU AND YOURS TO MEET REGULARLY WITH JESUS? it is amazing the things we plan for first & think we need, and what we put on the back burner.. OH how sad that we meet not as often as we could/should with our Savior, Heavenly Father, Lord & King! He must in all serious sad that the kids are up & down & not regular visitors, or serious with him as Lord.  
           Time ~ Passed time ~ to set that aright.
What say you friend?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment