Here I sit with my Peach Passion tea, yummy & mulling over today's message at church..
Our God is just soooo Amazing! How many times He speaks and either we are not listening OR we just don't want to hear what He has to say to *Me.* Now what He says to you is another story, I'm all for that! haha Funny.. but NOT Funny. Some of what you read here will be directly from Pastor Brandon, Or things I myself have learned through the years.. "The Meandering Mind" at work again.. ;-)
Pastor Brandon filled in for pastor Scott today.. with a Good Thought Provoking message that desires a response.
Worship... is My/Our response to WHO God is.. WHAT God has done Or is doing in my life and yours..
Am I "Excited" about who God IS? what God is doing? More than being excited about things of the world? Is My God just plain BIGGER?? Bigger than anyone or anything else?? Do I sing about, shout about, praise a favorite ball team.. person... grandbaby... recipe.. More than I do God?
How to worship is a big question.. but anything other than Bible answers are just my opinion.. Right?
We all came from a different upbringing and God gave us all different personalities.. so we have different preferences that we like but we should not quench our selves or anyone else in the matter of *how* to worship.. either With the Church or out in our own worlds & communities.
Some of us are more quiet & some are more demonstrative naturally.. But it won't hurt any of us to SHOW more Worship by --
Singing.. even if off key.. God says make a joyful noise..
Shouting.. shout out an Amen, Praise the Lord, Thank you Jesus, once in awhile...
Raise up some hands... even if its just one, & up just a little bit..
Nothing need be to the extreme, but really... even I could do that.
As I was reminded today, of going to see a play or musical..
I get my ticket.. so & so will be the lead player.. my they are good, and I really expect to be entertained, and have a good laugh, or cry. I will sit there in the audience, and expect the best from them.. acting or muscially. I paid good money for these tickets.
BUT.. Someone once said that at church... God Comes & We Come to a family gathering. GOD IS THE AUDIENCE AND we are the performers.. He waits to be pleased... He paid a big price for our salvation and to buy us back... He deserves.. to be praised, to be thanked.. to be appreciated.. to be loved.. with ALL our heart, our mind our soul...He desires to be asked for help.. to hear & see our repenting of sin... "Time after Time, I have waited for YOU, and now I am waiting again..." or so the song goes.
Or are we stamped into exact molds and are in the habit of going to church... that we don't think much about why we are there, who we are there to worship, and will we allow room for His transforming power in our times of meeting Him?
Just letting the mind roll... it was truly a wonderful day today.. in my Sunday School Class, In the Worship/Preaching/Teaching time..
Jordan Miller stepped up in the music realm with some *new* songs of Worship ... *doing* the "Sing unto me a new song" from Psalms.. surely we can find NEW things to praise our Lord for and NEW ways/forms of worship to present to Him Next Sunday...
( I shall not toss out the good old meaningful - just for change, but I will aim to bring New and exciting things alongside, and not just go by rote.) :-)
GOD IS Speaking... about revival.. *Come alive Again* Return to ME, be about MY business of making disciples!
As I listen to my Pastors.. our Sunday School Lessons... our 7 Essential Skills training... and circumstances that cross my daily walk!! Wow!!
God is passing by, be alert and don't miss him! J
Jesus is coming SOON........
Have an attitude of gratitude... Praise Him, Thank Him, Appreciate Him, Speak of Him, - - - - - - - - - and so forth.
Magnify Him.. Let Him alone be Our Magnificent Obession..
before any Thing, or any Person.. Self or otherwise.
Till Next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment