Monday, August 31, 2015

Is it the Wiser Choice?

  To sin or not to sin.. is that the question? Or is the question what is sin?  My sin, your sin, the world's sin... ah this might be a post called, "The sticky wicket!" haha
  Someone posted today that only the Mormon's, Muslim's & Baptist's think drinking is a problem and abstain. Well I don't think that is fully correct, but have no proof.. and I have been in the company of different folks on different idea's.
   This one thing I do know.. God says IF I believe it to be sin for me.. It is sin for me..
He also says to me, don't cause someone to stumble, he says, "Don't get drunk on wine, but be drunk with the Spirit.. He says in I think Proverbs.. drinking will sting you like a snake.. SOOO many *warnings* that I take that to mean it is not a good thing. Then He tells me that Pride goes before a fall. That for me to think I would not be one of the ones to stumble over drink, is prideful. Sorta like, oh that is just a little thing. But is it really?
    Not so.. I have lived long enough to see a few drinks lessen peoples resistance and flirty things went on between people that shouldn't have.

    I have seen drunken people do many things they would not have, if they had been clear headed. Now there is a wee bit drunk, and then there's the falling down drunk.. No matter.. God warns about what we might do in either situation. 
   I've seen fine people unable to handle their *drinks, tho they thought they could and nothing would happen to them, they were just relaxing... or just having fun, don't be a prude..  and yet, their lives were eventually ruined. Children were hurt, some marriages dissolved, families torn apart. Putting ourselves in wrong places/situations can have other ramifications.. And what are we saying is ok for our children to do?? And maybe get hurt? Make wrong choices?
   These people were now physically addicted, and physically sick, and no fun to be around. My how their attitudes changed also. Some even died early due to ruining the temple.
   Sooo, IF we *need* something like drink, rather than the Lord, to relax, chill out, get thru something or have fun we are most assuredly in a sad place for one who call's themselves "Christian."
    I myself years ago began to like that feeling a drink gave me, and saw myself possibly going down the road of others I knew.. I just said one bright day... NOPE.. THIS  is NOT for me. I had strayed from Jesus & His church and let the worldly folk tell me how to live.    Then some time later the Lord tapped me on the shoulder one fine day, and said, "When you coming home where you belong??"  One day I got up.. went back to church, and One Sunday they played "The Savior is Waiting" .. time after time I have waited for you and now I am waiting again.. I let open the door and He rushed in, and we've been *together* ever since. I've always been sorry for the witness I was in that time to those around me for sure.
   I have seen the sadness created by drink, and false courage mustered to do things not normally in our thinking.. I myself see no advantage or benefit to drink.. I know from "observation & experience" this side of that life has been the Better Side..  AND, nor will I be encouraging anyone else in that lifestyle.     
   So for me, I am happy in the church that does not give way to the mass worldly acceptance of many things. Yup..
   God used this place to help me over many things I was doing and many attitudes I needed checked.  Thank you Jesus! Thank you His people that confronted me, & were also a part in His work in me. :-) Helping me to get the meaning of His word.. helping me to apply it to my life.. helping me to accept His absolutes.. helping me to see His truth & the changes that I needed in my life.. and on & on I could go. You know who your are, be it family or church family. 

  And, Ultimately our sin is against you and you alone oh Lord.
  (and thank you Lord for those changes in others that you have allowed me to see & share in & enjoy, rejoicing in your work, Lord)

This has been My take on just one issue of life.. and thankful for the Lord's intervention in the Renewing of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment