Today.. with the Newspaper stuff, the Internet stuff, the Facebook stuff .. yes my little old mind & heart are in a whirl.
This racial stuff is more than I can grasp! This black on white or white on black, etc.. HOW SAD is it all??
When I think that all races were created by God and come into the world with not a bit of prejudice.. It has to be a learned & perpetuated thing. Shame on US ALL!
Through the years we all, every one of us could gripe about something and say we had been picked on for something.. right?
Also let's stop the Hyphenated American crap .. we are Living in the United States of America... thus we are just Americans that have forgotten how to be united in love.
Can I name you one group of people that have NOT been picked on?? or put down? or that each person didn't have a hard time rising to the heights of their gifts, talents, abilities on their own. Doing it on their own with grit & gumption? Making their "people" & families proud of them? I wasn't chosen to play with this group of kids.. made the best with the ones that did like me. Or I was never teacher's pet, but got out as much as I could on my own.. never wanted to be teacher's pet.. lol I was a girl, girls don't do that.. Oh yeah? on and on we could go... And as I aged, I learned it was a good thing that not everything worked the way I thought it should for me.. for real.
Let me see now....
Indians, pushed to the reservations.. was that not fear & racism back then? Then I think of those special *Code Talkers* that took whatever, and helped us sooo much in W.W. II Doing the right thing for the right reason.
I can think of all that the Japanese people went thru..
I know that Blacks have suffered at times.
I can think of many others too.
I think of the many people that came here years ago that assimilated into the American culture and made no waves. They worked hard & made improvements in their lives & for their decendants, and what a pretty neighborhood it was. My Grandparents from Russia were in the bunch. I lived in a Mixed neighborhood that all got along great. The Americans on one street, the Russians on another with their church, the Polish on another with their church, the Blacks on another with their churches, the Southerner's on another with their churches... and on it goes. When I first came up her from the farm, a little country gal became my best friend, and a black boy stood up for me once, and We all went to school together, were friends, acted like ladies & gentlemen and treated each other as such. With respect for each other and the rules. We also never locked our doors, can you believe that?
You might say I am naive, but it was a good time in my area, and if I'm a dreamer I choose to stay that way... Maybe part of our troubles began when we took God out of schools & everything, and pushed for our rights!! (at the cost of someone else's) Don't seem quite right or justice for all.
I dream of people that act like ladies & gents, helping their neighbor, building up people & neighborhoods and not tearing them apart or killing each other.. why? why? why? & what do you gain? Nothing!and Guess What??
I think it can be done!! It starts with each one becoming color blind, race blind, seeing just people, and doing the right things. Not that hard. Simple really. . .
Like respecting each other & their properties..
Like not using the race card of any kind. Black, white, Jew, Indian, etc.
Like Obeying the laws of the land.
Like just being Kind, everyone has some problem or other...
God Gave us 10 commandments..
The 1st 4 have to do with our relationship to Him..
The last 6 do with "our relationships" one to another... guess he knew we needed it! :-)
Then there is a whole Book expounding on all that... called a Bible.. we sure need to be busy applying it to our own lives, and let God take care of everyone else. Ya think?
And after that, think on these little ditties, quick in any circumstance. And see where we stand..
1. "What does the Bible Say?" Not sure? Look it up..
2. In the scheme of eternity.. will that really matter? (most times I doubt it)
3. "How's that working for you?" It's not, better try a new way.
4. Build a Bridge (do the work) and get over it! (don't hold on to grudges/anger.)
5. H.A.L.T. *Make NO decisions where you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. you will most likely make a wrong one.
6. Before Speaking.. T.H.I.N.K.! Is it..
True? Helpful? Inspiring? Needful? or Kind?
In the end.. Respect Yourself, Respect your Neighbor and do for them what you would like for then to do unto you. :-)
Am I - Are you, a part of the problem?
Or will we be a part of the solution..
All life is a choice!!! Choose this day..
Let's make all those wrong that say We will destroy America ourselves, from within!!
No comments:
Post a Comment