Saturday, February 7, 2015

Changes & A Wondering....

Good Morning... well it is a day of just plain *wondering.*   I wonder about a lot of things, don't ya know? Especially about the internet. Me, the one who in ages past said I would NEVER have one of these things in my home.
   I have been brought into the 21st century by many people. Pastor Thurmon, friends, grandkids. Each had a hand getting me on to the internet and email, and blogs & facebook.
  I enjoy the opportunity to keep in touch with many people this way...

  BUT... I guess I am from the old guard for sure! I never get rid of one thing in favor of another. Each has it's special good points. AND it seems that lots of my friends have moved on, or away from some things..
   Emails are very few. For me it took the place of old fashioned letter writing, where I could direct my *letter* and info or thoughts & feelings... and even get some,  I miss you!
   Blogs were great to read at length some post by someone on some subject or another.. and there too... some have deleted, or just left their blog (blogs)hanging for from 3 to 5 years... my I knew it was some length of time but not that long til I checked.. I miss them too.
   Now we are off to facebook, and other stuff, and here, we get snippets of things.. lots of forwarded sentiments, or short comments. I love and appreciate most and especially family pictures. Then there is the stuff I wish I didn't see... from people I would have least expected it.. Crude language, and on I could go. Hurts my heart but..........
 Facebook has a place for "Notes" but not many use that either. :-)

    I even remember ALL the Instant messengers. Each one had their favorite and got me to join up too. Still got 3 besides Facebooks... lol  Great Chats & updating was had, and some even had live video hook-ups!! Wow!! Now there is only about 2 that still video-chat with me. Friend Bobbie once in awhile still, and great granddaughter Madison.. hahahaha who's not 2 yet!
    Some may even have twitter... of which I know not, NOR do I intend to add one more thing.. :-)

    So many had great writing abilities which were much fun to read.. get a chuckle or some inspiration...
    Ahhhhh the generations, I guess we are really different in some things.. even some of my senior buddies it seems have moved on or out... lol
Maybe it is because now you have smart phones etc.. and never really sit down much at the computer anymore. Making it a point to go there and do things. Hmmmm????
    BUT as for me, I shall be eternally here doing my thing at Bud and Mary's Place OR the Meandering Mind. (For as long as the Lord let's me.) *Letter Writing* and etc..

   Stuff will be there for you and posterity I reckon.
They say once out on the internet, out into cyberspace it is there forever...

  Like I said... "Wondering" about the why? of it all with you.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment