The manual for living... of course you know all that don't you?
Today we had a celebration of 75 years of the World Bible League being in existence, and people from there speaking on the importance of the Word of God to each person and their lives.. a couple of those men are members of our church and fine, fine men.
BUT... my mind began meandering as the talks and preaching was done... Does yours ever do that? I remembered that first Bible I got that was an easy read for me and devouring it!! Oh Taste & see that the Lord is good!
Today I was blessed! and Convicted!
I "KNOW" that when I am NOT reading & studying the word of God I am not where I need to be or responding as I should, why?.. because the world around has crept into my thinking and deciding and doing. YUP! Even little ole me.
God inspired men to write of His ALL encompassing Love for *every* person. Of His plan for the men & women He created.. the close intimate relationship He desires to have with us, and how He planned for us to live...
His word tells of our disobedience to his commands, our sin, & His remedy for that in His Son Jesus... It tells of Amazing Grace and Amazing Love...
The word has much to say about living with each other, and the best way to do that, be it in marriage, families, with friends, business, governments.. and on & on...
The Bible also tells of judgement to come and fearful consequences to a life of disobedience & ignoring God.
I just know mom taught... "What does THE Book say?" "I could tell you wrong."
Where do we get our council for anything?
Sometimes our minds can get cluttered! and drawn away from the Lord so easily, the we can be led astray.. from *truth*..
God's Ultimate truth is the best thing we need to know... Wisdom is found in God's word for sure.
There are days when you look at what is going on around us and wonder Why oh Why?
But get into the Bible and you will find answers for so many things that you may have thought were impossible to find.
God has had a plan from the beginning of time and He will see it through to completion. His ways, and thoughts are surely not as mine, but He does reveal a very lot to us.. all we need to know..
As many times as I read the word, it is new and fresh again and again... it touches you right where you are on any given day, journey or in any circumstance.
Yes, if you have not been reading daily, faithfully, I suggest, we get at it!
Read it with self in mind, God will take care of everyone else I've found.
I am to read Father's Book, and find out what *Daddy* .. Abba Father.. has to say just to me... apply, be obedient to it, and get to know Him better and better, and be drawn closer & closer to Him...As a Christian to be changed to look-act-do more like my heavenly Father.
If I'm not resembling Him more ... hmmm
The final word from Pastor Dan about the Word, our Bible, today was...
Read my Bible, *more* apply, be changed
Pray, talk to God, *more* listen to Him
Witness, tell others of God's love, *more*
Give, of time, talents, gifts, finances, all that I have and am...*more.*
It all begins with reading my Bible *More* and being transformed in my mind *More*..
What a great, great day in church today!!
Thank you Lord for commanding us to gather together... for people that care for my soul, and growth in the Lord, that love me like Jesus.. Nothing like the body of Christ together....
Ah that I too, might be a blessing to others in ways I'll never know, because of God's love and blessings upon me.
Do you know where your Bible is?

No comments:
Post a Comment