Friday, December 28, 2012

Years End/ New Year thoughts 2012-2013

 Years End/New Year thoughts 2012-2013
Hello dear Blog... hope you are doing well friend, today has brought many thoughts to mind.
 I guess it's because this month we have had a visit from our old friends Peggy & Thurmon Harris,  Bud's class of '52 Christmas luncheon, little ones birthdays, 4 wakes/funerals before this month is over, and some tests. We got some Christmas cards with letters & updates on people too.
Our family gathered here for Christmas Eve, hip hip hooray, we had a lot of food & laughs, well I did anyway. So all of this month has surely caused this old gal to ponder a lot of things.


 I stand amazed at all the blessings the Lord has bestowed on Bud and I all these years! So unworthy and yet sooo blessed.
The people he's put in our lives thru the years, be it by life, by marriage or just some friends, and the comfortable life we've had. Nice home, many vacations wandering his beautiful America, and stops at our family or friends along the way.

 He's given me more years of life than I ever really expected with my families history.
 He's given, and is still giving, new life to our clan with more babies coming! To look into the faces of the little ones and see their innocence and fully trusting face & eyes looking at you. What joy and responsibility. And our kids and grands I am sure take their precious lives seriously and do the best they can.  *We* will never be or do all things perfectly but my oh my, we all just do our best with God's help & compared to other families we are truly blessed!!
  This past year has had a few glitches, and who hasn't, but not at all the amount other folks have had to deal with. Thank you Lord for such kindness.
   We never know what each day.. week.. year will bring. But we do know who holds the key.

  With 2013 just around the corner, I begin to "wonder" what will this New Year bring for our lives, our friends lives, the lives of our children. The lives of our grand-children or our precious little great-grands.
  I wonder how many days are marked in the book of life for old Bud and me. We are not guaranteed the next breath, let alone the next year.  That becomes so much more real to me as each day passes.
  Guess that is why we try to cram in all the "together" time with all our family as we can. 

  In the end, all any of us will have, is memories.

Hopefully they will be good ones, kind ones, pleasant ones, maybe even a bit of fun ones as we look back over a life. Needed, is more acceptance and less rudeness in all of our relationships with family & friends.. or even the stranger in our midst.  
   So each day, as I have since the loss of my brother Wayne, back in June of 2003, I never put off the visit, the phone call, the getting together when ever. IF I/we had decided not to stop on our way home from vacation, I would not have seen him and garnered some new memories. Hugs & I love you's are very important!
For the next week he passed away too soon & very unexpectedly. 


So NOW, IN FACT, I'll look for reasons to pop in & visit, or gather with family or friends, or inviting people over, stacking up the memories. When the Lord impresses me, I move in some fashion or other! AND to tell you the truth, NO ONE needs an invitation to come to our home.. pop in! Call if you want to make sure we are here... but pop in!  
              NO REGRETS... is my motto!
Wayne's loss has NO regrets...(nor do a lot of others) but we had the best last few years of his life. Doing things together and his wonderful Sunday morning calls.
   And so far... with most of our family & friends that is true for us. With others there is some sadness of missed time, missed sharing.. but I will not regret that either, as we have tried to include everyone or join up somehow. We've attempted to get together with everyone. AND.... That is all the good Lord will hold us accountable for .."we tried." We can't do anything about returned mail, or other unaccepted moves on our part.  
   I have found that forgiveness frees me in so many ways. God is Good! in accepting his forgiveness, I am free, and I am free to forgive others also.. Mercy granted & given.  I am still saddened by the loss of time together & memory making with many, but... we will give and share wherever we can for as long as we can...
   Guess in my "ramblings" here.. I have found my focus for the New Year for as long as the good Lord gives me.  Joy comes in the morning and in the giving. Being "Others" minded like the Lord.
  Thanks dear Blog for being around and a place that I can talk, clear my head & heart.. :-)
  Yup.. I am ready to begin again... Lord if'n I awake in the morning let's see what more can be done by letting You have Your will and way with this old vessel.  May I be a good *Commercial* for you.. :-)
   So folks in this coming year... my goal is to love, accept the idiosyncrasies of others, accentuate the positive, encourage their good points, and if'n I can't say anything nice.. be quiet.. give without expecting anything in return... do some hugging.. spend time with family & friends and share self.
  In all our chatter, Is what I say to another person going to be True? Helpful to say it? Is it Inspiring to them? Is it really Necessary? most of all is it Kind? Let's be T H I N K ing people.. :-)
   Why do we have to "dig" others? Just thinking for my New Year too.. seems when I get around that kind of talking I fall into the pattern too.. and "digs" hurt! (I know)   Help Lord!
  Hopefully, I can be a better messenger of good comments/words to all I come in contact with this year... helping others to reach for the stars and thus in helping them become all that God has planned, I too will be blessed... Remembering to treat others as I want to be treated.
  Hey dear Blog... THE GOAL...
Spend time with people, be an encourager, and be a T H I N K ing person...  what do you think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment