"Straddling the Fence" that can fit a lot of things...
I remember as a young child living on the farm and my dad stepping over the electric fence to go to the cows... he "thought" the fence was turned off. I also remember the big, loud, anguished yell he let out. Mom had been angry about something he did, and turned the fence 'on' just as he was 'almost' over it.
It seems that I see more and more people that claim a relationship with Jesus 'straddling the fence' too. Can we be a child of the King and still doing that? Yes I think so.. I also know that some might be wolves in sheep clothing.
From my own experiences... you can be saved, a Christian, and yet not fully surrendered. Accepting Jesus as Savior and making Him/allowing Him to be LORD is another story. (Been there, done that) AND while I was in that place I was never really satisfied or happy. There was no joy... I had no definite purpose in life. God had sort of let me have it "my own way." and.......
ONE or TWO ZAPS of the electric fence was quite enough for me. It was not fun, and yet the Lord got my FULL attention and all of me. Several things had not been going well, and I had not been in church for some time and then "one Sunday morning".... I was compelled to return home...I knew where I should have been and on who's ship... and a few Sunday's later, the altar call was... "The Savior is Waiting." "time after time I have waited for you and now I am waiting again....
I have also learned that God's Word never changes, but the meaning/application might...we usually used this as an altar call for someone to accept the Lord, but today it was for me to say, "Yes Lord, you are boss, you can have the wheel to my life."
That is the day I surrendered to His LORDship... he's been 'Boss" ever since! YES Lord, wherever, tho none may go with me... I'm here, You & Me Lord forever!!
It has not all been a bed of roses, this thing called life, but I have not missed the world one bit.
I have not missed all the so called glitter and so many other things... like constant anger, bitterness, jealousies, judging, etc etc ... nor the drama, that sometimes goes on in life. The "World's" way... the lust of the eye...
My mind (which is where everything starts) has been "transformed" by His renewing of it, and I no longer conform to this world... Yes the manual for living has it all, IF we would just check it out and apply it.. :-) (the BIBLE) How good of God who created life and living to leave for us the how to book. :-)
The peace and joy that is mine every day is beyond the words I have to share with you.
I found my little band of Christians to throw my lot in with, being available and not forsaking the assembling together as some do, for worship, learning, study, giving, etc. Yes.. apply the Word!!
The eternal family is big and should be getting bigger, and I do my bit, my piece here at FBC Griffith. I do what I can, using the gifts & abilities He's given me for whatever He calls me to, and wherever I can, praying that I am pleasing my Heavenly Father in all I do. In all I say, In all I am. He created me, put me in the family and situations in life to mold me into the likeness of his Son. Still got a ways to go... but let me tell you, this bicycle built for 2 ride, with God at the controls has been amazing, to say the least, as I look back. Where will we go next?? hmmm
My electric fence JOLT was not what I've seen others go thru..."straddling the fence" will split you in two, in your mind, will and emotions, and bring reproach to the name Christian, but that jolt was more than enough for me. I said I was sorry for having walked away from you Lord, but now "as for me, I WILL serve you Lord, through the Christian community, and the world around me."
J.. Jesus First...worship.. Magnify the Lord, make much of, esteem highly, glorify, just for who He is.. praise, thanksgiving,
O.. Others next and what concerns the Lord about or for them. What can I do?
Y... Yourself next... what do I need, to be who the Lord wants me to be?
The LORD is at every place we are...
He hears every word, sees every action, knows every choice & and thought...Am I a Christian? is my life in agreement with Him and His Word? We might deceive ourselves on any point, but we can't fool him.
Some deep thinking remembrances, and concern for others today, and all because of 1 word... 'straddling.'
No comments:
Post a Comment