Friday, September 2, 2011

Do you wonder?? I do....

"I wonder, I wonder, Can't help it if I wonder.." 
    Yes I wonder about a lot of things... just by what I myself "See, Notice, Hear...."   
I wonder why fine people suffer great illness in life...
I wonder why families break up & adults suffer and if there are children.. the children suffer greatly and for a long long time..
I wonder why so many young are killed or die of disease?
I wonder a lot of things, for sure. But........

I wonder why our "talk and walk" OR "walk and talk" don't match up for us as "professing" Christians a lot of the time.

   Have you noticed?  I have. 
We talk a good talk about being Christians, but never darken the doorstep of a church and worship with the family of God or use our God-given gifts back in service to one another. hmmm
OR We are in church on Sunday, maybe even leading something, and low and behold, we are joking about something that should not even be "alluded to" for us.. or dressing immodestly and being distracting...
cover up ladies.. :-) 
   I am thinking that as long as we have been Christians, should not, by now, our minds, hearts, & our actions been more 'transformed' to think and act, say and do what Christ would? Have not we been bought at great cost? 
   Is not the Lord in the business of molding and making us into His likeness? He surely desires to, His Word says so, and says a LOT of other things on living life His way, too. 
   Or are we STILL balking? Still holding on to friends that do not lift us up, but tear us down? (ever so slyly & slowly) Are we going places to join in? (or to change it? REALLY??) 
Is our language changing? Seems like a plethora of words are available to us, yet the same old small, ugly words come out of our mouth. Calling people names, swearing, vulgarities etc. That ought not to be..
Our thoughts and what we set our minds on is that changing? What/who is in/on our minds the most? Are we desiring to please Jesus?  the world? or ourselves??    Are we dwelling on things of the world or the concerns of our Lord?
Do we really believe we can have one foot in heaven and one foot in the world and not get burned? Or not ruin our "testimony?"
Are we Salt & Light or not?
Do folks get thirsty for Jesus by being around us?
Do we lighten their pathway to salvation & a better life and eternity with the Lord?
Or are folks repelled by our hypocrisy? Are we really honestly blood bought children of the Lord or imposters??  AND

as I point one finger, and wonder/question,  I DO know 3 are coming back my way.  Examining self against the Word is not an easy thing...  but a necessary thing. Comparing myself not to another person, but the Lord and His requirements...
   God forbid that I would cause one little one to stumble or someone to fall away...

From the "Meandering Mind"  :-)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment