Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dream Catching

Have you seen Indian Dream Catcher's? they are pretty and are supposed to catch bad dreams? Not sure, but not all dreams are bad. I have a good dream, a dream of love, safety and peace.


I love my family heritage... those that came from Russia, those that came from England and the Cherokee Indians they married into. What a
hodgepodge! Great Strengths, and some weaknesses too.


But most of all I love being a part of the family of God.. Adopted into the Christian family... how grateful I am for God's love and the offer of His free gift of salvation, just for the taking. (Ever refuse a gift? why refuse this one?)  Just to reach out, accept what Jesus did for me that I could not ever do for myself and agree with what he says about me...
My sins now forgiven & then forgotten by God because of what Jesus my substitute did for me. (No way could I be good enough to merit (earn) my way into forgiveness and heaven.)
NO I am not perfect yet... He's still working on me.. aren't you glad?  But I am NOT what I used to be, and of that I am glad.


Don't you just love "Love Letters?" I have a few stashed.
I am grateful to God for His Love Letters to me that I can read over and over again. Getting something I might have missed the first time or umpteenth time because I didn't need it at the moment.
The Word... Always Fresh and New.
The Bible, the "Mind of God on the Printed Page."... The Manual for Living, I say. We have manuals for everything else, why not for living life? Jesus tells of Why, When, Who, What, Where, & the How on everything I ever need to know concerning life & living it, death & eternity.. consequences or rewards..
I now live at Peace with God and Man, what comfort!


Difficulties are in the lives of everyone, no matter what.. we live in a mixed up sinful world to say the least.. But..
our lives don't have to be train wrecks. There is a better way.


The DREAM I would like to CATCH?  That all my family and friends would realize their need for Christ and His forgiveness and come into the eternal family by believing *trusting* in Jesus, admitting I am a sinner, by turning from one way of life and turning to Someone, surrendering to His Lordship in all of life. Then walking with Him day by day and reading His Word... the Bible, remember, the manual for living.
"Oh Taste and see that the Lord is Good!"


Many are already in the family of God and for that I am eternally grateful and so glad!  I'm blessed by their lives, work in the Kingdom and in their communities. Giving of their lives to the Lord and those around them.


But to have the Dream realized and all safe in the arms of Jesus is my prayer.


Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment