I love and never miss Dr. Charles Stanley's program called "In Touch." Such a fine man and great teacher of the word of God, with illustrations and outlines sooo simple to follow.
Here a few Sunday's ago he had some teaching on parenting that would bless our kids and help them greatly. I took notes but not the Scripture where he was coming from, but as I read them over.. I thought, Just like God!! He has a plan for every thing and these guidelines would not only help our kids but be of great use in a marriage, workplace, etc. etc..
....see what you think.
1. Give quality time, it's an investment, they need you.
2. Listen to them carefully, and they will listen to you.
3. Admit when you are wrong.
4. Love ~ unconditionally.
5. Discipline them, motivated by the desire to protect them.
6. Motivate them to be ALL they can be in life, Look your best, Do your best, BE your best.
7. Lead them to understand that our "ultimate accountability" is to God.
8. Teach that our most important relationship in life is with Jesus Christ.
9. Teach them to spend time daily in the word of God and in prayer.
10. Etch into their minds that God has a plan for your life. Teach them to Obey God and leave the consequences to Him.
Well that is a mouthful and how different ALL our lives would be if we would follow this wisdom and do more of the "One Anotherings"
What do ya think?
No comments:
Post a Comment