I love Sunday School... don't you? Well I do hope so OR if you have not yet gotten involved in a class I am here to encourage you to try one.
Years ago my attitude was, Sunday School? You've got to be kidding, I didn't like regular "school" when I went, "why" would I go to school on Sunday?? But one dear saint kept inviting me. Then she said, "you won't have to do a thing, I won't call on you, or ask you to pray, just come and see for at least a month... " So I thought, good deal, I can do a month and get her off my back.. lol
Little did I know..
Little did I know of the warm welcome I would get. Little did I know that they had fun there. Little did I know that these 'older' ladies still loved reading their bibles and sharing their life adventures and ups and downs..
Little did I know that some people kept their word.. I just sat, listened, soaked up the hugs, their life stories, and genuine interest in me. Till one day I was past my month deadline before knowing it, AND I popped up and asked a question. OF ALL THINGS...
I was loved, made to feel comfortable and wanted. My question didn't scare them, nor did they make me feel stupid for asking it.
We searched the Word for an answer.
And guess what? I loved Florence and her ladies forever, and better yet they loved and encouraged me.
Their Bibles were worn and dirty, marked up and used, in their lives. They exuded the love of Jesus and His work in the stages of their lives, I could tell.
Sooo my invitation for you is, to "try us," you might like us... and benefit from us, as we do each new person that comes our way.
I've found we need each other in the stride of life.
Here at First Baptist in Griffith, you can try several classes to see where you feel most comfortable and fed. We want to be a blessing to all people..
P.S. from that first day in "Sunday" School I have not missed and have never been sorry. God's Word has come alive in my life, and I have met the most amazing variety of people, and they are sure to support, help and encourage a person.
And all this, includes our church as a whole too.

No comments:
Post a Comment