I have always loved roses. This was taken at a wonderful campground we found one year. She had the reds, yellows, and purple variety. I couldn't take my eyes off of them, huge flowers.
And I still think of them and can't wait to get back to the campground and see if they are surviving.
She claimed it didn't take much to get them to bloom this well.. Now who is she kidding? What little I know it is work with roses...
Sort of like people and relationships. Don't you think so?
I know these flowers need good soil, plenty of sunshine and water and fertilizer.
People are the same. We need the good soil of purity, commitment, honesty and love. We need lots of sunshine and less whinning and complaining. We need the water of good words. We need the fertilizer of words of encouragement and accountability.
I have found all that in the Love of My Savior and Lord. Because He first loved me, I can love Him and others. He is committed to me & I to Him. His Son Shines all around me, and lightens my life and load thru His church/people that are His. His words (the Bible) show me His love over and over.. encourage me, tell me how I am accountable to Him and others. They also tell me how to live and bloom where I am planted.
All this comes as I am enjoying this beautiful day, thinking of spring, my birds, and flowers to come.
AND enjoying my corned beef and cabbage day... lol
I hope you know Jesus, and not just "about him." I hope you are blessed to have His forgiveness, new life, and the promise of eternity with Him. And as for who we should be as believers.. "As a New Creation in Christ, I am committed to maintaining a joyful attitude, a humble spirit and a heart of lovingkindness."
I also hope our "lives match our words." or as the kids say, "our walk talks and our talk talks, but our walk talks more than our talk talks!" Are we "real?" I sure hope as real, as Christ is, in us... and that beautiful rose is, a sweet smelling aroma and real to all around us. No wonder one of His names is the Rose of Sharon.
Til next time.. Smile Jesus Loves you!! Yes you!
No comments:
Post a Comment