Have you ever just decided to do something sort of spur of the moment? Well a couple of days ago Bud and I decided to call his cousin Bill and see if he was up to some visitors... and yes he was!! (some days he has bad reactions to his cancer meds.) Hooray! He says doing good, come on down. NOTHING like a visit with Bill and Joanne to pick up your spirits and just be fun. And she sure is hospitality personified!! Made a Gluten Free Apple Crisp! YUMMY~
Anyway I was looking forward to the ride to Manteno, and Bud took the back roads. NOT the expressway! So I got to get out into the country. Winding, hilly roads, open spaces and I just enjoyed the beautiful clouds in the sky, and farm lands.. the guys were harvesting the corn and semi's were loaded full. Pretty farm houses, with flowers and even got to see the cows at one place. (Daddy was a dairy farmer.)
Now all of this could have been a fabulous day! But for distracted drivers!! Texting, or talking on phones. How many I couldn't count! There would be someone speeding up or dropping back and yes they are on the phone. There would be someone veer back and forth and yes they were on the phone! Some turned in front of others at the last moment and we were shocked at how close they skimmed that!! And prey tell HOW do you "drive" with phone in one hand and drink in the other OR add a cigarette to the mix. YEAH I have my vehicle under control, I am concentrating on driving and not being a hindrance.. NOT!!!
I wondered a lot if Gomer would come along and do a "Citizen's arrest" and IF it would hold.. sure did NOT see Barney Fife anywhere along our travels there and back! lol
Personally... I detest people who talk or text on the phone or eat as they go along... IF I detect you are driving and phoning me I will not talk!On the road you are not only taking your life in your hands but mine too. I have much yet I desire to do, so I don't want to die just yet, and I surely do not want to be mangled up in my body. Age itself is doing enough to incapacitate me! I would hate to have someone hurt any of my family or for any of my family to hurt someone else. (And please don't assume you are the only one with the ability out there to be able to do that and not have be a problem, that's just pride talking)
SOOO tho I don' t care much for Oprah... do take the pledge and DO NOT drive and use your phone!!! I have put texting and drinking and driving in the same category.. YOU ARE HINDERED!! You are NOT in complete control! IS ANYTHING soooo important that it can't wait? Or wait till you can pull over safely or get to your destination safely?
Now then besides all those distracted drivers distracting us, I did enjoy the ride as best I could and definitely enjoyed my time with family!!!
When the Spirit impresses me to "make that call" - "make that visit" - "send a note of encouragement" I am on the move again.. Please do not hinder me, and I Praise the Lord that I can move again, however slowly or "Chester like." lol Take care now and until next time....
God saying for the day.... "Please do not drink/text and drive, you are not ready to see me yet."
( I love all the God sayings I see on billboards or are sent online) ♥ ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment