Well I am for a few hours, and as I sit in the quiet of the house, I tend to ponder many things, and the "Mind begins to Meander." Ever have that happen to you?
Been on Facebook this morning and that too, will get your mind to thinking.
I want to go back to the days when everyone was still with us, or hadn't moved away! So many people and things we did I miss!! OUR folks, many Wonderful Aunts, Uncles, cousins. A couple of our siblings.
I miss even just chatting! And some of us could really chatter away on many a subject. :-) Miss the coffee at the kitchen tables with many!
Am sorry that a couple of granddaughters had to move away. One over 18 years ago, and One just recently. Miss sooo many things with families when they aren't close.. BUT.... I am grateful for them having work, and the internet. I used to say "I'll NEVER have a computer in my house!!" Well look at me now! lol
Now I have a 4 yr.old Great-granddaughter that loves to video chat and tell us things, and show us things, and hug us via computer! That can boost your day. And some adults choose to video chat sometimes too. Love it. I love hearing voices & seeing faces.
Today the little one got to choose which "Happy Snappy Bag" she wanted. I figured to get her a purple one, nope pink! So I gave her the one I had here. Now to remember to get it to her. No problem she has a memory like an elephant!
Yesterday, I made chicken salad. A recipe I got from cousin Bill's wife Joanne. Yummy delicious, but each time I make it brings up the *missing* them in me. Oh my what wonderful people and blessings with fun to have in your life!! They were always uplifting for sure. I called going to see them .. Going to go get my "Futrell Fix." Being with them any time was a lift to the spirit. I think of our stops at cousin Esther's, oh that Eck wit!!! I will not list everyone, that is to long a list & tears are welling up even now. But they are good ones.
God has been soooo good to me all my life, even when I did not know or even think about Him. Yes, as I look back over my 80 years, I can see his hand at work, making "His plan" for my life come to fruition into a relationship with Him & focused. He worked opportunity after opportunity in my life to accept His Gift of Jesus & salvation. Patient, loving & hopeful, heavenly Father. Sending invitation after invitation, always a gentleman, but Ever God. I was free to accept or reject his free gift to me. All of life & eternity is a *choice.*
AND the mentor's he's given me along the way.. OH MY! Even in the dark times, now I see what I believe was His doing all along. Ask me sometime if you would like to know more... much to share.
I sure hope you have a solid, surrendered, relationship with Jesus and that he is Savior & LORD of ALL of you and your entire life.
I relish these times of quiet contemplation. Till Next time. :-)
P.S. I'm available for a visit, friends & family, or a "Video Chat!" Hope your day has been blessed and You have been a blessing.
Looking forward to "the Lord's day, all day, tomorrow"
Wonder what HE will share with me, through Pastor? the Music? in Bible study class? or even through someone there? Will it be "Yes? No? Maybe Later? or I thought you would never ask!" said to me about my prayers? hmmm (never really alone, the Lord is ALWAYS there, just that at times, people aren't.. and don't you forget it!

No comments:
Post a Comment