Friday, August 29, 2014

What a day of thought!!! Pray - Me - You -

   My mind & heart are clogged... Too many of family & friends are in some dire situations.
  Some are keeping spirits up.. or is that a "good face?" others are struggling. The pain, the length of illness, surgery, tests, "what next?" is not fun.
  Others friendships are faltering or other relationships of some kind or another.
  All I can think is "Get thee behind me Satan!" He knows his time is short and he's on a rampage with all his fallen angels...
  Just WHO are we listening too? What Book are you reading? Who are you consulting? Come on now...
   God never promised me a rose garden nor a life of ease, comfort, and blissful happiness!
   Yet we keep chasing after that don't we?
He warned us that there would be troubles & trials. That people would turn against us. *Especially* for our Christian belief's and following Him.

   EVERY one here on earth will suffer in some way or another and maybe multiple ways. 
   Lots we bring on ourselves.. come on be honest.
   Lots just because we live in this fallen world.
   Lots the Lord may allow in the molding and making of us in his likeness...
   Lots because he has a plan & purpose for our life and he's going to get us there some way.
   Lots because He desires a closer walk with us. :-)  

   AND LOTS "No one knows why, but God."

So I've said all that to say this... This one thing I have learned...
           
LIFE is Not  ALL about me!!!


Yes God cares for me... and loves me and will take care of me... but He desires that I care for others more than myself.
   Care about their... needs, souls, emotions, etc.  It is in giving that we receive I've found also.
   Do my *little* slights matter in the scheme of eternity?  No not really..
   When I measure my "life style" by God's plumbline I truly am a Kings Kid with an amazing life. Too much stuff really! Fantastic home that meets our needs beyond measure. Some may not think so... but I know so.
Belly is never hungering... and ministry opportunites abound. There's a roof over head, comfy bed, A/C or Heat, good neighbors, beautiful family doing pretty well too.

   Today we were asked to Pray for some people. Who would I choose? I pray for lots of people, who would I pick out to pray for?
   As I thought of what I know from the Bible, wow... just a few things popped into my mind and then I was sure I was praying amiss a lot.
   Pray for those that dispitefully use you...
   Pray for your enemies...
   Pray to the Lord of the harvest...
   Pray for the Lost...
   Pray for your leaders and those in authority...

   Watch & Pray...
   Always pray....
   Pray we don't enter into sin...
   Pray without ceasing...
   Pray that our love may grow...
   Pray that our eyes would be opened...
   Pray for the hungering...
   Pray for the orphans, widows...
   Pray for Peace....

   Pray for Jerusalem...
   Pray for the sick...
   Pray & believe.... 

        My, oh my, where is "my" focus??
As I look around and listen to the news and *see* what is going in my area of life & on out beyond my little corner of the world....
   What am I reading/studying??
WHO am I listening to?? What am I applying? What am I doing? What am I giving of? and... to what?

Or am I so bound up in the 'wants' and wishes of.... 

     Me Myself & I and My favorite few?..
      
AM I obying, following, doing the 2 Commandments that cover everything?

           1. Love the Lord, thy God with
             ALL my heart, ALL my soul,
           ALL my mind, ALL my strength.

               Love Thy Neighbor... as..

                          I love myself.. 

Am I spending ALL my heart, soul, mind & strength on other stuff, than that of, loving the Lord?  
Do I see to the things of my *neighbor* as well as myself.... spiritually, emotionally, physically? hmmmmm
What of my time, talents, abilities, gifts, heart, monies, possessions, praise, do I keep & hoard for myself & my favorite few, or do I lavish them on my God & neighbor in love?  

A bit of a shame on me day... hope yours is better...  
      
  



No comments:

Post a Comment