Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Thinking about a lot.... One of those Days!

  Well we've lost another dear church family member.. Bro. Floye Keelen. And another is in dire straits.. As I posted before, the Old Guard is leaving.. But his passing has caused me to "think" on some things.
  I am soooo happy that I purposed in my heart NOT to let a week/month at the most, to go by without contact with older family/friends.. be it phone, email, visit, etc. Started years ago when some aunts moved away & in-laws moved to Florida. And because of that, more "calls" "letters" & "visits" when possible, were made. And after my brother died so quickly & unexpectedly I was sooo happy that I had made that decision. It is another long story, but I got to be with him 2 weeks before his passing. A beautiful lunch & sweet visit!!   
  We are NOT promised tomorrow and I want to know, and be known, in our  family and have "precious memories" to fall back on. For when once life is gone, that is all we have! Precious Memories.
  And I have many "precious memories" of many of my family that have passed on, that I run through often and even 'share' some with others. 
   God has been so good to our little family. We are not the 'perfect' family but pretty near. :-) And I have found out that those that "think" they are perfect are not... (Been there, done that) and by the grace of God I think I have learned that lesson well.
  
   IF you are a procrastinator, OR allowing something to keep you from building a bridge to all your family... today is the day to stop!! WHY?
    Because I've found out that GOD, planned when we would be born... where we would be born... what family He would set us into... what people would come & go in our lives.
    In the process, those people have been part of my making.. a part of my personality, likes, dislikes, interests & some of drawing me to Jesus.. They were teaching me, honing off my rough spots, helping me to learn many, many, lessons in life. The me, you see, is part of the genes of my mom & dad, and part the experiences I've had in & with all my family & with everyone that has ever crossed my path. 
   The same goes for us all...
I still no doubt have some quirks that irritate you.. but guess what? The road runs both ways. You no doubt can irritate me too.. lol  Ya think?
SOOO I will accentuate the positive qualities in others and not negatives, and pray they do the same for me. Much of life is a choice.
   As I look into the mirror of God's Word, there is much, even yet, to be tended to in either attitudes or actions... But oh Thank God he is not finished with any of us if we are still here..

   With stubborn pride we can miss so much in a relationship with someone in our families or otherwise, I've seen that. How sad it was!
   So today I ask myself "What does the Book say?"  God's Bible is the manual for how to live the lives he has created & planned & how to have a good and personal relationship with Him.  
  Sometimes I say.. "How's that working for you?" and if it isn't, or I'm missing something in life, I'd better make a change on my end. After all when I stand before the Lord on judgment day.. I will only be asked about myself.. not at all about the other person. 
  Then some days.. it is just simply "Build a Bridge and get over it." Cause in the scheme of eternity, will that really matter?  Probably not!!

I've not seen such love and appreciation and pride in a family in some time, as in my friend Floye's family. Floye was a real example of "Commitment" to his God, Church & Family. He Loved, Forgave, encouraged, challenged each each of us to be our best, do our best, and keep moving. He put himself out for the other person.. Evidence of the love of God emanating out... We should all be that close with everyone and kind! Floye's leadership was truly of the Lord & His Word. He was a man of prayer, & I shall never forget his sensitivity and prayer in a dire heart broken time in my life. He was the only one to step forward in that instant. OH How I needed that!! He said let's pray, held my hand and prayed for me.
  Yup, I've been touched by this family.. and may God hold them in the hollow of his hand through Floye's passing.
      We shall miss the pecan pies, visits, and prayers of this man. But...

      We shall meet again..
what a blessed thought for those of us that know the Lord Jesus as our personal Savior.. to have the eternal hope of Heaven together again, and with Precious Jesus, Father God and the Holy Spirit that has nudged & enabled us all this time here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment