Saturday, December 4, 2010

What I've Been Waiting For....

Snow!! I've been waiting for you... :-)  I could be crazy, but I love the snow!!!

What a pretty sight to wake up to this morning. Everything covered,  white and clean. (for a little bit)

Snow.. it comes down either in tiny flakes or those big fluffy ones. It is packing good or fluffy light...
And oh the memories the snow brings...

   Memories of our children when they were little and their excitement, wondering what to do first.  "Let's go out and make snowmen!" "No I want to make Snow angels.." "Let's have a snowball fight!" " "Say I wonder if the Pit is frozen enough now to go ice skating." "Dad, can we go?"  "huh?, Please?"  Or, "Hey kids lets get our saucer sleds and head out to the hills"  (I think that is where the first bad bump on dad's back began the back problem.. but who cares? cause we'll keep this up even with grandkids)

And Mom... Mom's going to find the skates and dress'em warm and make the hot chocolate. Help them get undone and warmed when they come back in. Then dry out the clothes..
AND Mom, Mom's going to do her thing, shovel, scoop, & do a snowplow action on the big - big drive, so that daddy won't have to do it when he comes home from work... I loved doing that! (and surprising him) I would love, and still do, to look out if it was snowing at dark, and our big outside light was on.. It was so sparkly, like diamonds covering the earth.

But there was one year, "the big storm of 19--whatever"  that I couldn't shovel much.. and Bud could only get 1/2 way up the drive, too much snow, what an exciting year that was!!!  But we had listened to the weatherman and on the off chance he was correct we "stocked up" as they say...
Sooooo funny we had 2 cars, and Kathy's horse still yet... thinking we might just have to get Rebel moving if we needed to. lol  And a neighbor had a snowmobile and stopped to see if we needed anything. "No thanks we are fine."  The first and last time I appreciated snowmobiles! haha and it is amazing how tough times bring out the "neighborliness" in everyone. Bud and Hubie, his brother, had LOTS of stories to tell of the help that went on everywhere. Their work required a lot of driving in their work cars.  
   WHY can't we be kind, neighborly, good, helpful all year long??? hmmm

But I do know that snow also reminds me of God, His power, His creativity, His love.... and on. 
For the scripture says... "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7 KJV... or another translation, "Sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7 LB

When I've admitted/confessed my sin before God and He forgives me and removes it, I am clean.  BUT I have often wondered "how white is whiter than snow??"  "How clean is that?" "Do you know how white Snow is? and I will be whiter than Snow??"  Now that is very white and VERY clean. :-)
  What a blessing to be a child of the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, who is a forgiving and cleansing God, when I admit my sin before Him.  God is a restorer of relationships with Him and with others...
  Christmas is coming, another reminder of the Love of God toward His creation, doing for us what we could not do for ourselves. Providing Jesus Christ as our payment for our sin. The babe in the manger grew up to go to the cross for the worlds sin. My sin debt.. PAID IN FULL! when I admit my sin, accept His payment for it, put my trust in Jesus & turn in surrender and thanks to His full leadership in my life... Ahhh What a life! 
   Yes the "Meandering Mind" can really go, and today it all began with snow.. just a little snow... :-)   Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment