We all love the Christmas Season, and hold it very dear.. But for us who know the Savior, Christmas lasts all through the year...
How true and... When the wrappings & ribbons are in the trash, the manger scene is stored away, the friends and family have said good-bye, and the house feels empty & so do you---there is One who waits to fill your heart and renew your hope.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3 NIV The reason for the season and the 'coming' of Christ, leads us to Easter.
At church this Sunday 2 special songs were sung for a special lady... one by request, one by God's design... (really ALL by God's design) but how good is that? VERY GOOD!
I am full of joy, and love and even tho it seems like I have a cold this morning... grrrrr, but we carry on. Looking back over the holiday's we were blessed in many, many ways... I have a special, small group in Sunday School and we opted to help a lady with 2 autistic boys, and Gluten-free no less. Gluten-free I understand. It's amazing how God puts people in your path, gives you a Bible study lesson and waits to see "whatcha gonna do?" :-) In "giving" them a little bit of Christmas gifts and a 'visit' we could see she appreciated it, my we were blessed the most, I think, But isn't that how God works?? "Give! and it shall be given unto you...." That one little visit did more for my spirit than I had expected. (Sunday Cindy said the same.)
This Christmas we had family around, tho not all, and that saddened our hearts, and tho I have a "fixer" mentality, guess I can't "fix" it. I feel for their loss and ours too....
There were some that made special effort to be here, & came on another day, and that's OK! In fact is was sort of nice... less crowded and undivided attention to the 2 beautiful little girls, Julia, Jenna, and their mama. What joy to see them open their gifts, (ours, Becky's and Kathy's) begin to play with them. And then, to hear their squeals, as they enjoyed some of our silly decorations. What could be more silly than a talking/singing tree or a motorcycle mama riding off into the sunset and making more racket, or a "pull my finger" Santa? haha What it all said to us, by their coming, especially on another day was, we love you and appreciate you! I do hope they felt the same.
Families are large, folks are living longer and it is hard to get to everyone, but, it can work out with some effort and planning... Thanks! Jessica..
Ahhh Christmas day has arrived! The smells of food cooking, Bud did a good ham and pork roast "together" in the oven and ALL came out right! Good going my trusty right hand man!
I had made things for the last few days and wondered what the "girls" would come up with. MY they do bring a lot of goodies and different things and sooooo delicious! Kathy has become Suzy homemaker in the kitchen. Becky & Kent do the team thing, and Tammy our daughter-in-love, well she had a great teacher in her mom Charlotte, always good!
Our Rachel, home from her new home and job away, Brian and Tiffany arrived early and I got to hold their precious first born child, our 6th great granddaughter.. Madalyn.
The sounds of laughter and teasing of our kids, and grandkids, and the hugs are still lingering in my ears and felt upon my arms. The giving of a few simple gifts, and all in all twas a wonderful day. Yup! Another one for the memory book of love.
Then the next day was Sunday, and we all went to church at our chosen ones.. Worshiping God and serving, and getting more hugs and love from our eternal families.
My oh My what a fantastic week-end! God is Good!
This old gal is bushed! and I think back to when we went to "Grandma's house" and realized how bushed she had to be too, tho "not a word was spoken." And the memories we have there, and even some tapes made on the sly...
Now we are off to a New Year... I pray that it will be good for all of us, healthwise, and jobwise and relationshipwise... and especially Spiritually. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 2
Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment